Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Maiden Voyage

First thing's first. TehKnuck is my gamertag. It's a handle I've gone by online and in video games for years, so if it's the first time you're seeing it, it's probably because you know me by some other medium than video games or the internet. /end confusion.

So, if you're reading this, you're probably falling into two categories. I've either sent this to you in an IM and hassled you relentlessly until you finally caved in and clicked the link, or you curiously followed a URL that was posted in a social networking site I tend to frequent and stumbled across this page. In either scenario, I suspect only a dozen or so sets of eyes will actually fall upon these articles, but maybe, in time, it'll grow. The title is a double entendre, (that means it means two things!) meaning I have been playing video games practically my whole life, and am a veteran of the medium, and also because I am a veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Both of those aspects tend to mesh in me, and will manifest frequently in this blog, if not lying at the center of the topics most of the time.

Let me say this first: This is not going to be a politically correct blog. There will be harsh language, opinions, and honest declaration. I'm not going to say anything obscene or racist or anything, but I'm also prone to using what I like to call 'flavor text.' It's a collection of words I've accumulated over the years that seem to enhance the emotion of what I'm trying to convey, most of which being comprised of four letters or so. If this offends you, you should probably not be reading much further.

Now that the obligatory "my family has stumbled across this blog" disclaimer has been provided, please continue. To those of you that still ARE reading: Thank you for your patience.

The idea of this blog is so that I can channel some of the thoughts and opinions I have into a constructive medium. You see, some few years ago I was wounded by a hand grenade in Baghdad. This, with a series of other traumatic events during deployments, has resulted in what today's generation calls Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD. One of the treatments that was suggested to me was journaling, so here we are. My goal is to keep things focused on my interests and whatever the topic of the moment is, but I have to admit, opinions on current events will probably worm their way in there. I figure it's just courtesy to give you fair warning.

Anyway, that's the first post. It's introductory, so the following posts I hope to make less boring, more philosophical, and I might even include comics here and there. I do that sometimes.

-TehKnuck out.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited about your future blogs. I rather miss your ramblings.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to end up *having* to blog, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only if you want to be one of the cool kids.

    ReplyDelete